Home > Office > Howto: Remove Microsoft Office 2010 Click 2 Run

Howto: Remove Microsoft Office 2010 Click 2 Run

This post will tell you, how to remove the Office 2010 Click-to-Run Software and specially the mounted virtual drive in your Workspace.

For Office 2010, Microsoft has developed a new Program called Click-to-Run which allows Office 2010 to get the features it needs over the interned an these files will be stored in the virtual drive. To remove Click and Run clearly, you have to run Microsofts C2R-Removal tool. Here are the steps to do it:

After all the steps are finished your system should be clean. For more information, don’t hesitate to contact me.

UPDATE

Microsoft has removed the C2R Removal Tool from it’s official download page. So I uploaded it to my webspace. You can download it here.

Thanks to Richard for this advice.

Categories: Office Tags: ,
  1. Menon
    March 14th, 2012 at 12:47 | #1

Thanks , you are a life saver – C2R was on my dell computer when I purchased it – uninstalled it the regilar way but it kept on saying ” Drive Q : (protected) ” when I tried to install my software – man your c2r helped – dug deep into the hard disc and removed all the residue and cleaned it up for me- great ! really appreciate it – from what I know there are millions like me who are stryggling with this virtual drive installtion by OEMs.

2. shaikhmohdmusa
    May 15th, 2012 at 09:45 | #2

if u cant removed it with ….either ways….download advanced systemcared5…start to uninstalled by in advaced or forced to…

3. cabaker55
    July 12th, 2012 at 06:23 | #3

I tried to run the c2r, but I kept getting the following message:

“Service ‘Client Virtualization Handler’(cvhsvc) could not be stopped. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services.

What do I do now? Please help.

4. handerson
    September 16th, 2012 at 14:17 | #4

thank you very many for the mirror of the file.
    worked.

5. November 13th, 2012 at 12:39 | #5

Let me thank for your sharing this issue, finally I can solve it.

6. eimersss serrano
    November 15th, 2012 at 21:35 | #6

I downloaded cleanc2r.zip at the beginning it it processed uninstalling but failed to complete uninstall c2r 2012 noting: Zapping (90140000-006D-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE)

7. November 25th, 2012 at 03:31 | #7

HALLELUJAH!!! It saved me from cracking my brains up! A million thanks bro! Godspeed!

8. December 2nd, 2012 at 04:57 | #8

Here is the tool to remove the Click-2-Run App-V virtual drive, and also the tool to completely remove the Office installations from your computer without re-installing or restoring Windows to a previous date.

These files are located on my SkyDrive account:

This download is comprised of several tools to remove the latest versions of Microsoft Office and the App-V virtual drives.

Run the offcln.exe tool to delete all traces of Office,
    then reboot,
    and run the CleanC2R.exe tool to delete the virtual drive Q and R from your system.
    A second reboot will be required.

This package also includes the msizap.exe tool and the oclncore.opc resource files.

——————————————————————————–

IT Consultant for 30+ years.

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” –Martin Luther King, Jr.

9. Errol
    December 8th, 2012 at 06:19 | #9

Thank you so much for this! I wish I would have found this before all that frustration nearly got the best of me!

10. Sarannazi
    January 9th, 2013 at 06:49 | #10

Thanks a lot. I solved it after 16 hour.

11. Stan